New Eiffel Support Site
We are please to announce the release of our new Eiffel Support Site , designed with a fresh new look and user friendly navigation enabling you to access it from different devices and backed up by a new API using Hypermedia http://apievangelist.com/2014/01/07/what-is-a-hypermedia-api/ ,http://roy.gbiv.com/untangled/2008/rest-apis-must-be-hypertext-driven concepts.
The site allow users
- Create and update user accounts.
- Add new report issues and interactions.
- Search and filter for existing reports issues.
- Guest users will be able to browse the site and they will only see public reports issues.
One of our main goals was to build an Hypermedia API called Eiffel Support API, and on top of it a user friendly and simple to navigate site. Introducing an API is a great opportunity to build new tools and also enable users to create their own new tools.
As an overview the technology involved to build this new Web Site and API is :
- EWF (the new Eiffel Web Framework) http://eiffelwebframework.github.io/EWF/ http://eiffelwebframework.github.io/EWF/getting-started/
- Smarty Template https://github.com/eiffelhub/template-smarty
- Bootstrap http://getbootstrap.com/css/
- EiffelStore http://www.eiffelroom.com/library/eiffelstore
- REST API Basic Authentication http://www.peej.co.uk/articles/http-auth-with-html-forms.html
We will let you know the implementation details in next articles, stay tuned.
We hope that you will enjoy browsing our new support site.