EiffelStudio 6.0 coming soon
Last week-end, we did our last intermediate release of the development cycle for EiffelStudio 6.0. The next month will be devoted to testing with a planned release mid-June. While waiting for the release, I'm taking the opportunity to highlight some of the neat features of EiffelStudio 6.0.
- Tabbed editor
- Docking facility to organize the layout of EiffelStudio
- Contextual menus
- Internationalization with Chinese, French, German, and Russian currently supported
- New dependency tool to see dependencies of software elements
- Create your own formatters
- Added new kind of breakpoints: to print messages, hit count for condtitions.
- Let's you now evaluate commands in addition of queries.
- New ways of looking at objects.
- Added new ECMA features: multiple constraints, reattachment of generic derivations with expanded actual parameters to entities with reference parameters.
- Removed the need of a configuration file to compile small systems, you can simply do ec root_class.e to compile a class.