Set Theory 0.30 just released
SET THEORY 0.30
Rosivaldo Fernandes Alves
August 4, 2018
This software project, called set_theory, aims to provide the Eiffel (programming language) Community with a rich and expressive library of classes modeled upon the concepts of set theory. In order to get details about motivations, design decisions and a sketch of road-map, please see https://www.eiffel.org/blog/rosivaldo/2017/09/set-theory.
In the current state (https://launchpad.net/set-theory/+milestone/0.30), this project deviates significantly from the one firstly released at https://launchpad.net/set-theory/trunk. Instead of rendering here a lengthy justification for the adopted changes, I prefer to answer any question on this or any other aspect of the project via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at https://answers.launchpad.net/set-theory/+addquestion.
Implemented features: "sets" clusters, which consist of
- sts_sets cluster: minimal specification of core concepts in set theory;
- stp_sets_properties cluster: extended specification of core concepts in set theory;
- sti_sets cluster: implementation of core concepts in set theory, grounded on previous clusters;
- stt_sets_tests cluster: test suites for the implementation in sti_sets.
- numbers-related clusters: numeric sets, i.e. N, Z, R and C, specified, implemented and tested according to all previous clusters.
Major releases ahead
Once the current release is consolidated, I will add to the project the clusters “relations”, “functions” and “operations”.