EiffelStudio 18.07 is now available!
by Jocelyn-Fiat (modified: 2018 Jul 25)
We are pleased to announce the availability of EiffelStudio 18.07.
The highlights are:
- The rules for class features were relaxed. Re-declaration into or joining with a class feature is valid as soon as combined assertions satisfy the class feature conditions. A non-static external and constant feature automatically gets a class post-condition if its contracts do not involve constructs that can access Current object .
- Updated the Eiffel grammar to support bracket expressions as bracket targets (such as
- Supports detection of VHPR(5) violations for arbitrary ancestors, not just for immediate parents. This may be a breaking change for classes that inherit different generic derivations of the same class.
- Extended sets of constructs checked by some default rules of the code analyzer and made sure the checks do not trigger false positives.
- The execution parameters can be automatically loaded from the default file saved from a previous execution session (this way, an Eiffel project can have default execution parameters).
- The auto completion behavior got slightly improved and the associated dialog accepts single-clicking behavior.
- It is now possible to extend a project target from a different project (ECF).
- Added detection of a type mismatch between a manifest array and a target of the reattachment where the manifest array is used for projects created before 18.01 release.
- Plus numerous smaller improvements across the environment and the technology.
See the release notes for details.
-- The Eiffel Software Team