EiffelStudio 19.05 is now available!
by Jocelyn-Fiat (modified: 2019 May 22)
We are pleased to announce the availability of EiffelStudio 19.05.
The highlights are:
- Several code-generation and run-time bugs are fixed.
- The Workbench C code is not generated anymore during finalized compilation, this makes deployment faster, using less disk space.
- During dead code removal, the compiler can now remove instances of classes if not used by the system. On average, the executable size becomes 10% smaller (see the release notes for more details).
ieee_...features are added to the
REAL_*interfaces to perform comparison compliant with the IEEE 754 standard. Also the support for total order on reals is improved.
- Using the feature completion functionality of the EiffelStudio editor, it gets easy to insert unicode operator such as intersection
∩. Associated with alias name, it makes possible to express mathematical expression with such an operator.
- The Windows version of EiffelStudio has now a basic support for HiDPI resolution.
- EiffelStudio will notify version update to the user whenever there is a new
- Plus numerous improvements across the libraries (new IDNA support in
URI, specific handling for
REALNaN values in
jsonlibrary, OpenSSL and EiffelNetSSL were updated to make easier the usage of secured protocols, ...)
See the release notes for details.
-- The Eiffel Software Team