- 19.12 (released) ...
There are two main types of libraries in Eiffel: precompiled Eiffel libraries and C libraries. Both kinds of libraries can be created via EiffelStudio. The former can only be used in Eiffel projects, C libraries can be used either in Eiffel programs, or in standard C programs.
To generate an Eiffel precompiled library:
- Select the Precompilation Wizard in the Tools menu and follow the instructions,
- Launch a new EiffelStudio session,
- Select your project
- Change the action to Precompile,
- Click Open
To generate a dynamically linked C library using Eiffel code:
- Generate a definition file for this library, via the Dynamic library Builder ,
- Open the Project Settings dialog,
- In the Advanced section, set the Shared Library Definition,
- Enter the name of the definition you created in the first step(including the path if necessary),
- Compile the current project.
The generated C library should be located in the EIFGENs|target_name|W_code directory in the directory of your project.
To generate a C library from a C compiler, please refer to the documentation of your C compiler.