Release notes for EiffelStudio 7.3
- Graphical environment
- What's new
- Bug fixes
- Graphical environment
- A change analysis for documents in the Eiffel Information System where one can be notified of which documents to update when a class is modified, and conversely whenever a document is modified which classes might need updating.
- EiffelStudio will now show you the contracts of a feature when completing code, letting you quickly find out the proper way to call it.
- When debugging, moving the mouse pointer over an expression will cause the debugger to evaluate the expression and display its computation result in a tooltip.
- Used void-safety settings of a target to list libraries that are compatible with it and provided more details on their void-safety status in the dialog for adding libraries.
- In AutoTest, tests will be executed under the location of the Eiffel configuration file (ECF) and not in the Testing subdirectory of the EIFGENs directory.
- Fixed a memory corruption that would occur when you have multiple errors during a compilation and you are opening each error in its own tab editor: after opening 4 or 5 tabs, EiffelStudio could become unstable.
- Fixed a crash after saving a diagram as a PNG file.
- Click here for the compiler release notes.
- Added ability to evaluate expressions by simply hovering over the feature tool while debugging.
- Click here for the EiffelBuild release notes.
- Updated TUPLE and depending classes to separate entities.
- Updated ROUTINE and descendants to be usable for agents with separate targets.
- Fixed a comparison bug with EQUALITY_TUPLE which actually would only compare the last elements.
- Made INTERNAL obsolete. It is now replaced by two sets of classes: a static introspection class and a dynamic one. The class that lets you examine the static content is REFLECTOR; most references to INTERNAL can easily be replaced by REFLECTOR. To inspect objects, you have a new set of classes starting with REFLECTED_OBJECT. This lets you inspect objects with copy semantics without actually causing a copy each time you access it, unlike what was happening before with INTERNAL.
- Fixed a reallocation bug in SED_MEMORY_READER_WRITER where if you retrieve a large chunk, we would not allocate enough memory.
- Added ability to store/retrieve expanded objects and objects with copy semantics with SED.
- Storables made using SED from version 6.6 or earlier of EiffelStudio not using the
is_for_fast_retrieval setting won't be recoverable.
- Do not remove trailing spaces for string content.
- Changed the type mapping for string objects to varchar instead of char at table allocation for ODBC.
- Fixed a 64-bit truncation bug in the message dispatcher of WEL.
- Fixed a memory corruption that would occur when loading a 32-bit BMP image as a background image of a container in a 16-bit or lower display.
- Fixed an issue with WEL_CHOOSE_FOLDER_DIALOG where set_starting_path had no effect.
Click here to check out what was new in other versions