- 18.07 (released) ...
This cluster contains all the dialogs provided by EiffelVision 2.
Standard Dialog Boxes
A standard dialog box provides a way of interacting with the underlying platform (such as Windows or Linux) to perform basic tasks such as opening a file or printing a document. EiffelVision 2 provides six standard dialogs that allow the user to perform common tasks. They are:
- EV_COLOR_DIALOG — allows the user to select an RGB color (useful for graphical apps such as a Paint Program).
- EV_DIRECTORY_DIALOG — allows the user to select a directory.
- EV_FILE_OPEN_DIALOG — allows the user to select an existing file to be opened.
- EV_FILE_SAVE_DIALOG — allows the user to select a filename to be used for creation of a file.
- EV_FONT_DIALOG — allows the user to select a font (useful for a Word Processor for example).
- EV_PRINT_DIALOG — allows the user to confirm or change printer settings for printing (may be used in conjunction with EV_PRINT_PROJECTOR).
Creating Custom Dialog Boxes
If you wish to provide a custom dialog in your application, EV_DIALOG has been provided to facilitate this.
Message Dialog Boxes
A message dialog box gives your application a standard way of displaying information, or asking simple questions. This information can be displayed with the following message dialog boxes.
- EV_MESSAGE_DIALOG — displays a simple message with an "OK" button.
- EV_INFORMATION_DIALOG — displays information to the user (in Windows this dialog box contains an "information" icon).
- EV_QUESTION_DIALOG — displays a question and allows user to respond with "Yes" or "No" button.
- EV_WARNING_DIALOG — displays a warning to the user.
- EV_CONFIRMATION_DIALOG — allows the user to confirm an action that has been requested.
- EV_ERROR_DIALOG — displays an error message.