- 18.11 (released) ...
New feature dialog
The new feature dialog window lets you create simple Eiffel features using the coding standards described in Object-Oriented Software Construction, 2nd Edition. It automates the task of writing set-procedures for attributes and it makes it easy for you to find the right feature clause for a new feature. The new feature dialog can be invoked whenever you have a class open in a development window. It is also used by the diagram tool when creating a client-supplier link.
Use it when...
- You want to be introduced to the style rules for Eiffel code as described in Object-Oriented Software Construction, 2nd Edition, chapter 26.5 (page 891).
- You want to create an attribute and you also want an invariant and/or a set-procedure generated for it.
- You want to add a feature in a feature clause that is not in your class yet, and you do not remember the feature clause order, or you want to add it in a feature clause that is in your class, but you cannot find it.
Do not use it when...
- You want to edit an existing feature. This is not possible, you can only create new features with it.
- You want to write a more advanced feature. With the feature wizard, you can enter only a single line of code.