- 17.01 (latest) ...
- Support for new expanded semantics defined in ECMA-367. The current limitations are: no copy semantics in the .NET code generation, and still no generic conformance.
- Inline agents as defined in ECMA-367 with the limitation to only accept the do form.
- Added possibility to define agents on attributes or externals.
- Named tuples as defined in ECMA-367.
PREDICATEclass for agent based on boolean queries.
CHARACTER_32for Unicode support.
- Improved memory management:
- Ensure that if a block of allocated memory is not used it will eventually be freed. Before it will only be freed if it was the last allocated block.
- Compaction is actually working. Before it was working if you had a lot of dead objects, now it will compact even if all you have is alive objects and that the memory is fragmented.
- For large memory heap (i.e. larger than 1GB) improved speed of collections where there is a lot of dead objects.
- Changed the way we search melted file, it is done in the following order:
- Directory specified by environment parameter MELT_PATH
- Current working directory
- Directory where application is launched
- Original directory where .melted file was generated the first time.
- Improved speed of initial compilation of .NET projects as well as the speed for incremental compilation at degree 6 which went from a few seconds to no time if no new assemblies have been added to the system.
- No freeze is required when adding an agent, saving you time since C compilation can be long for very large project.
- Reduced the required disk space for a workbench compilation in classic mode (went from 1.8 GB to 1GB for a very large project).
- Improved speed of agent calls in classic mode.
- Support use of IL enumerations with underlying integer types different from System.Int32. In particular, the built-in features
from_integernow use the underlying type rather than System.Int32.
- Support generation of IL properties as well as custom attributes for them.
- Support the new syntax without the
iskeyword in the feature declaration.
- Allowed bracket expressions to be used as a target of a qualified feature call (this is an extension to ECMA standard that does not permit this syntax at the moment).
- Added checks for
VYCQ(2,3)(validity rules for conversion features to prohibit conversion to conforming types).
VWEQis not an error, but a warning that can be triggered or not depending on your configuration.
- Inherited assertions are rechecked each time that a feature is redefined, meaning that some errors that were not previously detected by the compiler can now be found.
- Fixed an issue with x2c if you had inlined C code which contains comments with single or double quote. Then it will not properly convert .x into .c file.
- Fixed bugs in code generation for once manifest strings that caused "index out of bounds" exception, void results.
- Fixed a bug in processing synonyms of a routine with an indexing clause that might cause a compiler crash, in particular this could happen for synonyms of a global once routine.
- Fixed a bug in recompilation of a once routine that changes its process-relative status into thread-relative one or back in multithreaded finalized mode that can cause C compilation to fail due to unresolved externals.
- Corrected inlining of routines redeclared into attributes or into routines with a different internal/external status.
- Fixed a bug in incremental recompilation of queries with assigner commands.
- Added detection of a
VUEXerror for static feature calls used in intervals of a multibranch instruction.
- Added a new validity error
VTEC(3)to report unsupported inheritance hierarchy under .NET when an expanded type is based on a class with an external ancestor.
- Not supported reverse attachment of boxed built-in .NET value types to Eiffel reference types such as
NUMERIC, HASHABLE, etc.
Runtime/code generation issues
- Ensured that our runtime is async-safe for signals for all the runtime routines using some locking mechanisms.
- Fixed a memory corruption issue in
arycpyif a GC cycle was triggered as part of the processus of reallocating the SPECIAL object.
- Fixed a bug with allocating memory for once routines that caused "no memory" exception at program startup when Borland run-time is used.
- Removed limitation to inherit an Eiffel class which inherited from a .NET class.
- Fixed a memory leak in the recoverable retrieval when an exception is raised from a
- Fixed test#store008 regarding a crash when retrieving a type that does not exist in retrieved system.
- Parent <5.0>
cached: 03/28/2017 1:45:54.000 AM