Release notes for EiffelStudio 5.1
- Graphical environment
- Compiler and .NET
- Numerous improvements in usability and bug fixes.
- Richer class and cluster creation dialogs.
- Class name completion in the editor (by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Space half-way through the class name).
- Editor now supports drag-and-drop of the selection.
- When debugging a project from EiffelStudio, the current directory will be your project directory. It is a change from previous version where:
- on Windows, it used to be launched in the W_code subdirectory of your project directory
- on Unix, it used to be launched from the same directory where
ebench) was launched.
- EiffelStudio GUI now also available on Unix platforms and Windows 9x/Me
Compiler and .NET
- Click here for more details on compiler improvements and full Eiffel support on .NET
- It is now forbidden to create a
BIT_REF or a
BIT X object using its creation procedure (before it was accepted but did not work)
to_c obsolete from class
- Changed semantic of
split from class
- Fixed a bug in
HASH_TABLE that kept a reference to the last found item. Now it does not keep the reference after a call to
Click here to check out what was new in other versions