- 17.05 (released) ...
Release notes for EiffelStudio 5.2
- Graphical environment
- Patch releases
- Added a status bar, which gives a lot of information, such as the state of the compilation or the name of the current project.
- Clicking feature clauses in the feature tree now centers the editor on the selected feature clause.
- More specific icons in the feature and cluster trees, so that identifying deferred classes and the nature of features is now straightforward.
- Up to 10 external commands can now be defined and called from the Tools menu.
- The new Quick compile command lets you recompile only the classes that have been edited in EiffelStudio, skipping the sometimes tedious degree 6, that looks for modified classes.
- Control picking now has a configurable effect.
- More improvements in usability and bug fixes.
- Click here for more details on compiler improvements and full Eiffel support on .NET
- Right-clicking on one of the run buttons will pop up a dialog enabling you to choose the command line argument (it is a shortcut for
Project Settings-> Debug tab).
- Expressions can now be dynamically evaluated in the debugger. ( info )
- Conditional breakpoints. ( info )
- Classes can now define
debug_output, a feature inherited from
DEBUG_OUTPUT, whose string result is automatically displayed in the debugger for all objects of that type. ( info )
- Possible stack overflows can now be detected in the debugger before they occur. ( info )
- Improved speed of search operations in
- Reduced number of exported features in
is_integerto return False for strings of the form "(-|+)[a-zA-Z]+[0-9]*)"
- Improved speed of
- Updated for ELKS 2001 conformance:
- Changed signature of
make_from_stringso that no sharing of internal string is done.
- Changed signature of
- Fixed crashes when using
- Rewritten so that no additional C libraries is needed. Therefore you have to update your project configuration files to reflect this change, i.e. removing the include directory and the object file of the old EiffelTime library.
- Changed type of non-exported feature
- Fixed a GDI memory leak when creating/releasing instances of descendant of
- Put Windows and Unix version to the same version number.
- Fixed EiffelWeb documentation and example.
- Fixed minor issues found with EiffelVision2 on Unix and Windows which were affecting EiffelBuild.
- Fixed incorrect configuration file specification for EiffelVision2 examples and wizards on Unix platforms where application could be linked dynamically with
libpngbut should not.
- Fixed EiffelStore handle for Oracle so that it works fine when compiled with the Borland C compiler.
- Fixed incorrect version number in VERSION file on Unix platforms.
- Fixed resource leak on Windows 98 and Windows Me.
- Fixed incorrect implementation of
STRINGin dotnet mode.
- Fixed issue with setting of arguments. After restarting EiffelStudio the command line argument contains an extra
- Fixed issue with working directories where only the first one ever set was used even if new ones have been set afterwards.
- Fixed issue in IL code generation where having a class that inherits from a non-Eiffel .NET class. And the class has the following features:
a: ARRAY [like f]
f: STRING is
Then you could neither load nor execute the generated code.
- Fixed issue with incorrect C code generation of inspect instruction based on character values above 128.
- Fixed bug in
STRINGwhere following code was violating
s, t: STRING
create s.make (9)
create t.make (10)
- Fixed incorrect C file naming when generating a .NET system that uses a C++ external (it should be .cpp, not just .c).
- Enabled support for Borland C compiler in .NET.
- Fixed issue where generating documentation for all/library cluster would stop during generation without completing.
- Fixed crash in diagram tool when moving label on client/supplier link between two classes.
- Fixed issue when inheriting a .NET class that has some static constants defined.
- Fixed issue when opening the about dialog of EiffelStudio.
- Enabled EiffelStudio for all users on a machine, not just for the one installing EiffelStudio.
- First initial release of EiffelStudio 5.2