- 17.05 (released) ...
The second tutorial describes creating a COM component from an Eiffel system. The tutorial example
Step by step instructions
- Create a new Eiffel project in the directory $ISE_EIFFEL\examples\com\wizard\e2idl\eproject where $ISE_EIFFEL represents the path to the EiffelStudio installation directory.
- Select the ECF file located in the same directory and compile.
- Start the EiffelCOM Wizard
- In Project, in the Current project input field, type in string and press enter.
- In Project Type, choose Add a COM interface to an existing Eiffel project.
- In the field under Path to Eiffel project location enter $ISE_EIFFEL\examples\com\wizard\e2idl\eproject.
- Click the browse button under Path to system's configuration file (*.ecf) and open the file $ISE_EIFFEL\examples\com\wizard\e2idl\eproject\string.ecf.
- In the text field under Target to use, enter: string.
- In the text field under Name of Eiffel facade class, enter:
- In the text field under Name of Eiffel facade class cluster, enter:
- Click Next.
- In Component Type, choose In-process (*.dll).
- In Generation Options, click the browse button and select the directory where the project should be created. Choose $ISE_EIFFEL\examples\com\wizard\e2idl\generated.
- Make sure both Compile C code and Compile Eiffel code are checked.
- Make sure Clean destination folder prior to generation is selected.
- Click Generate.
- Wait until the wizard is done.
First look at the generated code
The generated Eiffel classes include:
ISTRING_MANIPULATOR_INTERFACE: This class represents the only interface exposed by the COM component.
STRING_MANIPULATOR_PROXY_IMP: This class implements the coclass, it inherits from the interface and implements its members.
ECOM_STRING_REGISTRATION: This class contains the code required to register the component.
You do not need to modify or implement any classes. The wizard produces a ready-to-use component.
- Parent <EiffelCOM Wizard Guided Tour>